BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kcwtech
Calcite | Level 5

May I ask is there any way for me to create a dynamic dashboard with my shopping mall floor plan images (with different outlets on each floor) ?
It seems I need to use another tool to create coordinates for each floor plan first, then I need to find a place in SAS VA that can allow me to create an interactive dashboard with those floor plans. I can only find materials related to Tableau which seems more easier, but my company is using SAS VA instead so I need to study how I can do this with SAS VA, thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

There's a post in this same board (channel) from last year titled:

<< scanning floor plans (geographic area) into SAS >>

That may be a good start!

Koen

kcwtech
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks!

Konu-Tec
Obsidian | Level 7
Based on your post I have googled the tutorial video prepared with a use of Tableau.
I would consider same approach. Create a scatter plot with overlaid picture of your floor plan
Make sctter plot transparent a bit. Hovering the mouse over points should print out some info
kcwtech
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks! I think this may be the easiest way, but is there a way to change the floor plan images dynamically according to the selected floors by users?  

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

You may want to take a look at @FalkoSchulz's blog post Building and visualizing custom polygons in SAS Visual Analytics

and associated SAS Global Forum paper at https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2018/1732-2018.pdf

There is also a troubleshooting blog post by Daria Rostovtseva Troubleshooting custom polygon maps in SAS Visual Analytics 8.3 that you may find helpful too.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
kcwtech
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks! The documents are very helpful

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation