BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I have created a report and shared with an user with can read and edit but user can see the report but with error data doesnot availble.

so my question is if I give permission with read or read with edit why again I have to go to the cas library and give user permission on whole cas library. ?

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Giving someone access to a report doesn't grant them permission to see the data. Data access is a separate authorization. See Permissions by Task. Reading data requires ReadInfo on the caslib, and ReadInfo and Select on the Table. 

vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi@MadelynIn that case when I give readinfo access on Caslib this permission is applied on tables of that caslib, instead of giving perticular table of caslib readinfo permission.
If I want give permission on a table on caslib then how?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe that in order to see the actual values in the table you also need Select, which is not required on the caslib. You would need to test it to confirm. 

See the table here for a description of the permissions. 
Permissions 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation