BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
avinesh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Team

I want to upgrade SAS VA 7.1 to 7.3 on Same Machine,Can you guide me how to do that

2 REPLIES 2
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi avinesh,

This thread may be useful to you:

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Upgrading-SAS-VA-from-7-1-to-7-3/m-p/254445#U254...

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

first, I would recommend to ask this question better in the Administration and Deploy community if you want to reach the people capable to answer your question (even though, I can understand why you posted the question here).

The procedure you are refering it is technically called "upgrade in place".

The upgrade in place normally follows a simple guideline:

- Stop your SAS services and preferably your antivirus.

- Get a good backup of your environment.

- Run the depot on the machine/s where the binaries are installed.

- The setup (SDW) will start to update the binaries (some configuration files, as sasv9 could be overwritten, so please check them if you need to restore something).

- At the end of the process the SDW normally will start updating your configuration. If not, you will need to do it through the SAS deployment manager. 

- Ensure that this process has rebuilt and redeployed your web applications.

- If not, you can run this by the SAS deployment manager.

- When all is ready, again some of your customizations could be gone (specially related to themes).

Ideally, that should be all. BUT, there are many solutions and particularities to keep in mind (eg, do you have https, single sign on, do you have connection from internet, etc), and all of them have to be qualified by a professional. You can do by yourself of course since it is your system, but the general recommendation, if you don;t want the risk to corrupt your SAS VA environment, is to ask an expert (SAS Institute or an official partner) to do it for you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation