BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Gaurav_Singh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

Do we have some Naming conventions for SAS VA Tables, Views, Reports, Explorations, HDFS, DI jobs, QUeries, Source, VA Jobs?

2 REPLIES 2
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @Gaurav_Singh,

Can you provide more detail about the conventions you're looking for? 

SAS Visual Analytics doesn't require users to use certain names for report objects, reports, or visualizations. 

In SAS Visual Analytics Explorer, the visualizations are given a name by default (for example, Exploration 1 or Exploration 2).  However, users can change the visualization name.

In SAS Visual Analytics Designer, the report objects are given names by default (for example, Bar Chart 1 or Treemap 1).  However, users can customize the report object names.  By default, reports in SAS Visual Analytics are named Report 1, Report 2, and so on.  Users can change these names too.  You can name your report jobs in SAS Visual Analytics Designer.  (The report job name cannot contain blanks, white space, or certain characters, like exclamation points or dollar signs.  For the full list of characters that aren't allowed in a report job name, see "Add a New Report Job" subtopic in the Distributing Reports topic in the SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 User's Guide.)

-Joy

TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have not seen a consistent method adopted in organizations - usually just having the objects in different folders seems to serve the purpose. I did notice one customer using "dataset_name_LASR" and "dataset_name_HDFS" to assist with identifying the source.

You may want to think more carefully about the folder structure and metadata folder structure.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation