BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
egwilliamson
Obsidian | Level 7

Does anyone have a step by step guide that can help with the implementation of a new AutoLoad instance within SAS VA. I have tried SAS videos, Admin Guide, etc. but seem to be missing some steps and not quite clear on some things. Perhaps there is a better guide somewhere before I escalate to Tech Support? Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
alexal
SAS Employee

@egwilliamson,

Every step is described in the administration guide. What exactly is not working for you?

egwilliamson
Obsidian | Level 7

Attached is the new Autoload instance log file after following all setup instructions present within the Admin Guide.

alexal
SAS Employee

@egwilliamson,

It appears that your library is not associated with the LASR server. Please open SAS Management Console -> right-click on that library -> Properties -> Data Server. What is selected in "Database Server" & "Connection"?

egwilliamson
Obsidian | Level 7
Database Server: Public LASR Analytic Server - servername
Connection: Connection: Public LASR Analytic Server - servername

Should I be creating a new LASR Server?
alexal
SAS Employee

@egwilliamson,

Should I be creating a new LASR Server?

Nope.

In the same window, go to Options, what have you specified in Libref and Server Tag?

egwilliamson
Obsidian | Level 7
Libref: "CustomerName"LIB
Server Tag: left blank
alexal
SAS Employee

@egwilliamson,

First off, server tag shouldn't be empty. For the public LASR server, the tag will be VAPUBLIC.

In your log I see that you have specified the following AL_META_LASRLIB:

>> %LET AL_META_LASRLIB=DellAutoLoad;

and this error:

>> -4 matching libraries found.

The autoload process cannot find the library with the name "DellAutoLoad". Either, because that library doesn't exist or users don't have required access.

egwilliamson
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much for your help! I have gone back through the LASR Server creation steps and fixed the errors from before. I forgot to enable some of the extended attributes and the folders generated within AppData for the new Autoload instance were under the wrong user permissions. Once those items were adjusted AutoLoad ran and completed successfully. Thank you again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation