BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

How to compare data for all date to data from the same day of the previous year? Actually i'm facing an issue from last 3 months.

I got some solution from blogs.sas, there's Bobbie Wagoner lady, she given a solution "how to compare data for a selected date to data from the same day of the previous year". Please refer this link 

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/08/22/working-with-dates-in-sas-visual-analytics-comparing-to-...

But i want to compare data for all date not a single date comparison from the same day of the previous year (current - 364) for all date.

Regards,

Sunny Kumar Gupta

7 REPLIES 7
Pamela_JSRCC
Quartz | Level 8

Please provide a sample dataset and desired results.

SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7

Sample data is called a Database

and

Format data means i need in this format through SAS VA.

I'm attaching .RAR file.

maverickkub
Obsidian | Level 7

Sunny.

are you trying to compare last year's year to date revenue to this year's year to dae revenue for the same dates?

fro e.g  revenue till 11august2015  was 1040000  and revnue for this year's same date that is 11august2016 is  9800000.

Is this what you are trying to compare?

SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Bro,

Not compare date from the pervious year date. That's called Previous date (Date - 365 days) comprasion

Actually my requirement to compare a single with previous year (Same Day).  That's called Previous Date (Date - 364 days) comprasion. An ex.: Date : 30-Aug-2016 then Previous Date : 29-Aug-2015 Comprasion.

Please refer this link for actuall requirement mine.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Is-it-possible-in-VA-parallel-period/td-p/212983

SKG
Obsidian | Level 7 SKG
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

Is there anyone to give me a solution on the same query?

I'm facing problem still.

Regards,

Sunny Kumar Gupta

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation