BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AleCla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have a report which utilises a date range slider at the top which I would like to show by default the entire date range. This is fine when I first set up the report, however as the dataset grows and the data becomes refreshed with new data and dates, when the report is re-opened, the date range slider by default is only showing up to the date when it was previously loaded. For instance, I have a dataset which holds data from 28th Jul'14 to 27th Aug'14, so when I first created the report, the sliders are set to the min and max of the dataset. When I next refresh the dataset, the range has increased to 30th Aug'14, but the slider is currently showing the below:

SAS VA - Date range issue.jpg

Whereas what I would like users to see by default is the entire date range selected as below:

SAS VA - Date range issue2.jpg

Am I missing something obvious which I need to change? It's worth mentioning that this is on version 6.2 of SAS VA.

Kind regards,

Alex

4 REPLIES 4
Allan_dk
Quartz | Level 8

You are not missing something.  I have the same problem.

My solution:

I have to identical sections; the first with a slider and the second without.

When the user opens the report he sees the full period. If he want to change the period he switches to the other section.

I have the same problem when I use a drop down list with months. Then I wish that I could set default value to current month.

There I have a similar solution, where the first sections only show current month, and to see the historical data, the user has to change sections.

AleCla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your reply, although it does seem a bit of a cumbersome solution in that you have to duplicate every single report which uses a slider which is a bit time consuming! I wonder if there is another solution for this in a future version?

Kind regards,

Alex

ccbucci
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

Did you find the solution for this problem?

I had the same problem

Thanks

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Release 7.4 added this new feature:

"Slider controls have two new properties that enable you to set dynamic minimum and maximum values for the slider. The dynamic minimum and maximum values automatically adjust to the current data query."

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation