BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AbhiD
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I want to create a graph which will be represent average landing times for files, i have a dataset which contains data for each file as below

Module              FileName         LandingTime

A                       A_F1.csv          22:00:05

A                       A_F2.csv          01:15:37

B                       B_F1.csv          11:13:05

B                       B_F2.csv          11:40:34

i wish to have a line graph which will represent the Modules on X-axis whereas the Average Landing times for each module on Y-Axis

I tried to do the same but VA graph does not allow to add the LandingTime as a measure.

Please advice.

Rgds,
AbhiD

2 REPLIES 2
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Abhi,

I would advice you to start using Industry hours definition.   (Almost a standard in industry time registration)

This means that you recalculate the time into a number that can be summed.

Example  1:15:37   would be 1.00 hour  +  15/60  minutes fraction   -->  1.2500000     (Leaving seconds out.)

11:13:05                                                                              -->  11.216666

Now you have a number that can be summed, averaged etc.

This should also fit into a graph showing the average using a aggregated measure.

Maybe this works out.

greetings  Peter

AbhiD
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Peter,

will check if that works for me

Rgds,

AbhiD

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation