BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PM23
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

is it possible to format greatest value in the column? Maybe I am just blind or stupid, but I don't see this option in SAS VA, I see only greater than, missing,  etc.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I'm not sure why I went to the complicated AggregateTable operator, but a much simpler expression would be:

Max [_ForAll_] ('Height'n)

When you use this version, it will resolve the max value in the list table object, rather than the max for the whole source table. This means that it will be dynamic when you filter the data for the list table.

It does still have the limitation where Detail Data cannot be enabled for the list table object.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

I think there is not an easy, straightforward way to do this.

However, it may be possible to work around by precalculating the max value for your column in your data preparation step, and then creating a display rule that compares the column value to that calculated max value column. I was able to achieve a result like this:

displayrule.gif

Is that the sort of output you were looking for?

It is also possible to calculate the max value within VA as an aggregated measure by using an expression like this:

AggregateTable(_Max_, Table(_Max_, Fixed(), 'Height'n))

Where Height is column you want to get the max value for. This will only work in a list table if Detail Data is disabled for the table.

(Note that both workarounds here compared to the max value in the whole source table and they are not dynamic if you apply filters to the list table object, etc.)

Let us know if that helps,

Sam

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

I'm not sure why I went to the complicated AggregateTable operator, but a much simpler expression would be:

Max [_ForAll_] ('Height'n)

When you use this version, it will resolve the max value in the list table object, rather than the max for the whole source table. This means that it will be dynamic when you filter the data for the list table.

It does still have the limitation where Detail Data cannot be enabled for the list table object.

PM23
Calcite | Level 5

Sam, thank you for your solution. I decided to use heatmap in Options of Crosstab and it works fine for me.

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for following up with us 🙂

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation