BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sidmech2006
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All

In my SAS Dataset that I have imported in SAS VA, I have a Categorical column which has ID values like 1,2,3...10. I have the corresponding ID to names mapping avaialble and would  now need to map the ID number to ID name. Can we do this directly in SAS VA Report Designer? Could you help if not pssoible directly in SAS VA?

Thanks

Sid

3 REPLIES 3
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you tell us more about why you need to map the two values?

sidmech2006
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

The reason for the mapping is because I want specific names in the report filters INSTEAD of the IDs as shown currently. So basically would need to do a vlookup of the  ID names for all the IDs rather than doing it manaully

Sid

SASKiwi
PROC Star

How many discrete IDs do you need to map? If the number is small a report custom category would work and is easy to set up. If the number is large or changes dynamically based on your data then a SAS user-defined format is worth considering. This is more complicated to set up but is very flexible. User-defined formats are created outside of SAS VA using Base SAS. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation