BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
johnfrytz
Obsidian | Level 7

Has anyone able to plot the data based on effectivity dates (period)?

Data sample:

Name  Category Effective_from Effective_to

ID1    Group1      Jan 2021        Jun 2021

ID2    Group1      Jan 2021        May 2021

ID3    Group2      Jan 2021        Jul 2021

ID4    Group2      Jan 2021        Jun 2021

ID5    Group1      Jan 2021        Apr 2021

ID6    Group3      Jan 2021        Jun 2021 

Can this be graphed in a line chart where all data will be counted each month and will no longer be counted once the effectivity  period ends?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

A "line chart" usually has some sort of numeric value involved. From context I would expect it to be other than the two date values you show.

I am afraid that without some "all data to be counted each month" we need to se some of that other data to have a chance.

It might mean that the example data you show is used to filter records from another data set with the values you expect to graph. If that is the case, the answer would be "very likely it can be plotted". Steps needed depend on data.

johnfrytz
Obsidian | Level 7
I was trying to get away from having another set of data which either a monthly aggregate or transactional type (monthly as of status record).
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Hi!
I don't think it is possible without pre-arranging the data.
I usually join the interval-data with a calendar-dataset before loading it to VA, but the data grow very quick 🙂
//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation