BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

HI all,

my question is quite simple:

in VA Designer (VA 7,4) is there a way to create a "new calculated data item" from a parameter with multiple values derived from the selection in a list control?  

I've done it with a single value parameter from a drop-down list, but a parameter with multiple value seems a completely different data type incompatible with all existing function.

My goal is to transfer the values contained in the parameter to a stored process and I've seen that it could be done through an external link from a list table ( https://www.zencos.com/blog/sas-va-tip-building-a-link-to-download-source-data/).

Thanks in advance

Carlo

Carlo

3 REPLIES 3
jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

Please refer to the image.

SAS VA 7.4 give us the option for passing the multiple values in the parameter.

va.png

barlocaroni
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you jmehul, but the point is not to create a parameter with multiple values.

The point is to use the values in the parameter and transfer them to a linked stored process: I don't know if this is possible or not.

Anyway, thank you.
Carlo

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation