BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jlemon1
Calcite | Level 5

I am new to use SAS VA 7.4, and I am currently having an issue with the gradient colors changing in my heat map based on the filters of the report. The scale is aggregated measure (percent) that 0% is blue and 100% is red, and the tiles are by department.

When the graph is not filtered everything looks fine, but when a user filters the graph down to a few tiles the colors change. A tile may be red when there are no filters, and that same time will change to blue when there are only a few tiles. The scale also changes to be more representative of the fewer tiles. 

Is there any way to keep the gradient colors the same no matter what the report filters are, or be able to keep the scale static at 0% - 100%? Any guidance would be extremely helpful. 

2 REPLIES 2
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Have tou tried to create your own display rules instead of setting a color variable under roles?

Maybe this will work for you, at least the intervals are fixed 🙂

//Fredrik

jlemon1
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the suggestion. That does fix the issue with the colors changing when drilling down with filters, but it creates another issue of the percentage values are no longer displaying when you hover over a box in the treemap because that measure was removed from the color option. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation