BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
luisrafa3012198
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I'm trying to upload to VA an user-defined format i paste the .sas7bcat file in the directory /sasconfig/Lev1/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/AutoLoad/Formats

i try to run the runsas.sh but the log tells me it didnt find any new format. I also set my user defined format in my sasv9_usermod.cfg so that it can be insert in the fmtsearch, now i see my log and it shows me this but i have 0 observations on the format scan.

NOTE: FMTSEARCH=(FORMAT APFMTLIB WORK LIBRARY DBFORMAT.FORMATS/LOCALE)
NOTE: SCANNING INPUT FOLDERS

NOTE: There were 0 observations read from the data set WORK.SCANADDF.
NOTE: The data set WORK.SCANADDF has 0 observations and 7 variables.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

How about trying the preferred method as described here:

http://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html

The preferred method for making user-defined formats available to a SAS® Application Server is to name the format catalog formats.sas7bcat and to place it in SAS-config-dir/Lev1/SASApp/SASEnvironment/SASFormats.

luisrafa3012198
Calcite | Level 5

I used that note already but i dont have any results.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What is the name of your FORMATS catalog? Is it one of the ones listed in your FMTSEARCH option? To confirm:

proc options option=fmtsearch; run;

Also since you are using Unix I think both the catalog name and the FMTSEARCH name need to be uppercase. 

luisrafa3012198
Calcite | Level 5

The name of my format catalog is FORMAT you can see it in the part of the log of fmtsearch that i've post, i run the proc options and yes the result is the same that i post already.

FMTSEARCH=( FORMAT APFMTLIB WORK LIBRARY )
Specifies the order in which format catalogs are searched.
NOTE: PROCEDURE OPTIONS used (Total process time):

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation