BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I would like to ask on how can I create a report that have a mirror copy of several reports that I have?

For example, I have report A, B and C. Each report has 5 section and 1 section contains an Overview. I will create Report D by using the Import tab of SAS VA. With this I can easily copy a Report Section from Report A, B and C.

I want have a feature for the Report D that any changes applied to Report A, B, C will also apply to the Report D.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Albert0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @Albert0,

SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 doesn't provide a way for you to have the original report change the copies of the report.  In the 7.4 and 8.2 releases, there's a feature that lets you synchronize prompt values across linked reports, but it doesn't really sound like that's what you're looking for.

-Joy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Changes to one report are not applied to any other report, even if the other reports are copies of the first report.

Albert0
Quartz | Level 8
Hi Madelyn,

Can I make the report linked to the new report that I have created? Like if I change something on the original report the copies will change also?
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @Albert0,

SAS Visual Analytics 7.1 doesn't provide a way for you to have the original report change the copies of the report.  In the 7.4 and 8.2 releases, there's a feature that lets you synchronize prompt values across linked reports, but it doesn't really sound like that's what you're looking for.

-Joy

Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Joy,

Thank you for clarifying the features of Import tab in SAS VA.

Thank you!

-Albert0

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation