BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I have SAS  installed and to it SAML and LDAP is integrated.

i am able to login via SAS VA web Application, but when i try to login via SAS Mobile BI it gives me error as 

"The User ID and password is incorrect".

what might be the issue and how to find out.

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ashishj816,

Mobile BI does not support SAML authentication, just username/pasword.

If you go through the WebAuthentication steps, there is one step for setting the Authentication provider.

You will need to have 2 providers, one will be the SAML provider, and then you will need a secondary one for mobile devices with just Basic Authentication.

ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

Do you have some document or link which has all these steps

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ashishj816,

see SAS 9.4: Web Authentication http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bimtag&docsetTarget=n1bhp608f0hsoen10i1vi0p9l5f7.htm&docsetVe... specially the "Modifying SAS Visual Analytics Transport Service Installation Files" paragraphs (one per maintenance version)  that basically modifies the  way for transport services to login (Mobile BI) aka TransportLogin.

If you pay attention, at the end of the code BASIC authentication is included

<login-config>
               <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
               <realm-name>Tomcat Host Manager Application</realm-name>
  </login-config>

You will need to set the single user/password for the BASIC authentication.

For more information:

ashishj816
Quartz | Level 8

we have done all these still it is not working 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @ashishj816,

it sounds to me as a very typical case of asking this question to SAS Technical Support or to your SAS representative, so they can give it the best addressing, because it might need a good analysis on-site. Perhaps there is a component giving errors.

Anyway, what you can still do, is to activate, increase the information level and check the logs in:

- the mobile device, the Mobile BI app.

- the SASLogon app

- the transport services

Between those, you should be able to get additional insights, or the consultant that will help you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation