BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Is there an option to run only selected part of a code from a whole program in SAS Visual Analytics?

Also, can we stop execution of an already running program in SAS Visual Analytics? like stop button in SAS Enterprise Guide.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why don't you connect EG to your SAS VA App server then you will have the functionality you want? I can connect EG 7.1 to our SAS VA 7.4 server and run and control code as you describe.

jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Neither I have SAS EG installed on my office computer and nor would they allow me to install it. Just seeking some thoughts around SAS VA.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is SAS Studio available to you? It is part of a standard VA install. You can selectively submit your code in SAS Studio just like EG.

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Need some more detail, are you talking about stored processes?

If so could you use parameters to specify which parts of the code are executed?

jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Suppose you have a 1000 line code in SAS Enterprise Guide, in it you have the flexibility to run only first 300 lines by just selecting and hitting the run button and you can stop it anytime if you hit the stop button. Likewise, based on that I am just trying to find if that same functionality is also available in SAS Visual Analytics?

Is it helpful?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation