BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LukeL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all VA experts 🙂

I'm not sure this problem can be solved, but maybe someone of you already deal with it and has found some workaround 😉

We have a report in VA 7.3 (but the same applied to VA 6.4) with a dropdown menu used as a mandatory filter for a field (we can say it is country, i.e.). The filter is mandatory since data cannot be aggregate in a grand total manner.

On the same field of the table we have also a row level security applied, since some users can see all the countries, some other just some of them, and some other again just one.

At this point, when we save the report the filter menu has a value in it, lets say USA. But now, if a user that has only available Europe as country try to open the report, it has a no data available, since the report try to apply the USA filter to the data, that has only Europe available.

Is there a way solve or workaround this behaviour?

Thanks all 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9
I'm a noobie with zero SAS VA experience so can't help with technical fix, however is it feasible to add one row of data that everyone can see and set the filter to that? As your not creating a grand total it shouldn't affect your other data

Not ideal but may get you up and running
LukeL
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping in something less tricky, but I see there are no other advice 🙂

We will try to find out if can do something like this in our case 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation