BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Albert0
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I am currently enforcing our row level security using a batch script to grant data access to our User Groups in our company.

But we are trying to implement multiple projects that involves granting all our Users to view their own data only. So I come here to ask are the following:

* Is it possible that Row level Access can be tied up to our Active Directory, so that when a User log-in it will automatically grants that person to his/her records?

* Because our company has 1000+ employees, coding the batch script for each individual would take a lot of effort in testing. Are there any alternative method to implement this?

* Next year we are moving to the latest version of VIYA, Are there any new features in future release that will cater this same scenario in order to use the VIYA security at ease?

Thanks.

Albert0

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

I would say that there is no automatic mechanism to connect to AD and have automatic filtering without the need to create row-level-filters in VA.

But you should be able to read AD information about the users and their groups an from that create filters in VA dynamically.

Maybe user driven identities (SUB::SAS....) can help you?!

//Fredrik 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation