BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rushir_sysware
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how does a Row Total work in SAS Visual Analytic 7.0 For example if I have a Column A and Column B, When I select Row Total I would expect it to add another column which adds Column A + Column B

When I click on Row Totals nothing is changing on the Exploration and Reports. Do i need to setup something else for this to work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Please check for the categories that you have assigned to column field. The row total works once you assign it in the cross tab.

If you want to have totals with only rows assigned to the cross tab, you can create a calculated item, lets say "Total" with the measures that you have assigned to cross tab and then simply drag and drop the "Totals" in the cross tab.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhishek

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
avvy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Please check for the categories that you have assigned to column field. The row total works once you assign it in the cross tab.

If you want to have totals with only rows assigned to the cross tab, you can create a calculated item, lets say "Total" with the measures that you have assigned to cross tab and then simply drag and drop the "Totals" in the cross tab.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhishek

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

there are subtle differences between a crosstab and a list table. try both tables and see if it is confined to 1 type. if you want the row totals, you can also try adding a calculated item (A+B). That option wont work for you?

jplarios
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

Adding to the original question; if I were to do the A+B; in our case a A-B, our problem would be that it would add the A-B under both A and B. Any workarounds from SAS VA - not from the data if possible- that someone can help?

Also, I noticed that if we had a year and dropped the difference from previous parallel period; besides behaving as it did on the calculated A-B as mentioned above, it will also do it for the minimum time period. For example, If I had 3 years of data and filtered to get only the previous 2, it would also add the previous parallel period measure under the earliest year and display a null since the previous year for the earliest year is filtered. Shouldn't just not show? or can we have the parallel period on its own column once?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation