BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I want to link a bar chart and a pie chart.
When I select the top customer 'A' from the bar chart, the pie chart should show me the results excluding that top customer 'A'.

For example, the pie chart is showing the country wise share and when the customer 'A' is selected, What is the new country-wise share when a customer 'A' has been excluded.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

If the number of customers are to high for the list, how can you fit them in a bar chart....:)

Anyhow, the drop down (or list) should not be placed in the report- nor the section prompt area. Instead it should be placed on the report surface together with the graphs.

By doing that no automatic filtering will occur. Instead you do this by filtering the graph objects with the parameter.

//Fredrik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I dont think you can do it with a bar chart.

If you use a list or drop down you can assign a parameter and then create a filter on the pie chart saying customer not equal to [parameter]

//Fredrik

jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

I have tried using the list but as the no. of customers are too many, it makes the dashboard very messy. 

It is not possible using a drop-down list because when selecting the customer from the drop down it has already filtered the report and now if I create a filter saying customer <> customer_parameter, it will not show any data as everything is being filtered out.

@FredrikE Can you suggest me something which can improve the aesthetics of the dashboard if I go with a list object

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

If the number of customers are to high for the list, how can you fit them in a bar chart....:)

Anyhow, the drop down (or list) should not be placed in the report- nor the section prompt area. Instead it should be placed on the report surface together with the graphs.

By doing that no automatic filtering will occur. Instead you do this by filtering the graph objects with the parameter.

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation