BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BillPerkins
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

My manager wants to restore a particular Visual Analytics report in our SAS Viya 3.4 system.

The system is Linux based, I have a backup from December which should be useful, but unfortunately I don't see how to recover this report in the documentation.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Bill

4 REPLIES 4
CarlosSpranger
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello BillPerkins,

Please make sure If your backup package includes the corresponding 2G format file which is the VA report file format.

If you have those files included in your backup, your are able to restore your report.

And the use SASMC to import the files back to your environment.

Hope this is clear enough.

Regards,

CS

CSB
BillPerkins
Fluorite | Level 6

Too many acronyms; What is 2G, SASMC?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@BillPerkins  - SASMC is SAS Management Console. That doesn't exist in Viya versions of VA so I don't think that is going to help. While VA reports are stored in SAS metadata in SAS 9.4 / VA 7.x, I'm not sure how they are stored in Viya.

CarlosSpranger
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi BIllPerkins,

Sorry for the acronyms.

I hope this helps for SAS Viya 3.4:

1. In the applications menu of SAS Environment Manager, select "Administration" -> "Manage
    Environment".
  2. In the navigation bar, select "Content" from the navigation menu.
  3. Click "Import". The Import wizard opens and "Select source" is selected.
  4. In the "Import file": box , click to navigate on your file system to the "JSON" format file that you want to import.
  5. Click"Open".
  6. Then look for the repport object you need to proceed to the mappings step,
    by clicking "Mapping File" At the top of the window
  7. At the top of the window, click "Results" to complete the mapping step.
  8. Click the "Import" button at the top right-hand side of the window. If every object was successfully mapped,
    then the Results table is displayed by default with a list of the objects that were imported.
CSB

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation