BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hassan0707
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

Is there a quick way to restart SAS (basically need to drop all active sessions, unload all data from LASR, and reload only the tables in HDFS), without doing the full restart cycle of all services?

SAS 9.4

SAS VA 7.3

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @hassan0707,

Don't understand the reason for this request.

If you wish only to kill all the SAS sessions currently running from Web/Client Applications you can restart your object spawner service.

However it is recommend to always follow clean restart approach in sequence.

Thanks!
hassan0707
Fluorite | Level 6

Thnaks @Anand_V for the reply. I know that using the below command will restart the SAS platform. However I am a bit unsure if it will also restart the SAS LASR servers or I will have to do it manually. Is the below command sufficient to restart all the servers?

./sas.servers restart

Thanks!!

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Hi @hassan0707,

The command you have mentioned will restart all the services running on that particular Node. (Including LASR ofcourse)

If you want to restart only your LASR Servers, you can do it via the SAS Visual Analytics Administrator User Interface. you should use that. Since LASR servers are also SAS Sessions there isn't individual service per se to start and stop them from command line.

By any chance if you don't have access to the VA Admin UI then, you will have to use the command itself from the server.

Thanks!
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Unloading LASR data is simply a matter of stopping the LASR server. However loading a specified selection of tables will require a SAS program. How you stop and start the rest of your SAS services depends on your architecture. Is your SAS VA distributed or non-distributed and what OS do they run on?

hassan0707
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello @SASKiwi ,

The SAS VA is distributed one on Linux system. Basically now what we are looking for is a way to automatically restart all the SAS services including LASR servers and also load the tables in LASR. Such a script will be run on adhoc basis. So now it is a bit of automation. Could you please suggest me how I should proceed for this automation? The data will be loaded into LASR from SAS datasets.

Thanks!

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @hassan0707,

Quick search on SAS Communities show me that this topic has been addressed previously as well. You will have to automate LASR restart using SAS Code. You can also use Autoload Feature to reload tables. Reference below on the topic and solution shared for ref.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Starting-LASR-server-automatically-after-SAS-VA-...

Thanks!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation