BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MicheldeKooter
Calcite | Level 5

Hi VA users,

I have created 2 reports. 1 for Planning and 1 for Project details. I linked the 2 reports by using a interaction type 'Link to report'. The link sents the project number from the report Planning to the report Project details. This works fine. Now I want to use the reports in a web browser.

1. Open the report Planning

2. Select coming 4 weeks in the section header

3. Select the a Team in a list box

4. View the results of the team for the coming 4 weeks in a pivot table

5. Select one cell in the pivot. The planning for one person is not correct. By selecting one cell in the pivot table a bar chart is updated and it shows all projects for this person.

6. Double click on the bar for a specific project. You are linked to the report Project Details.

7. After viewing the report, I want to go back to the report Planning by clicking on back to the report Planning

8. All selections done in step 2 and 3 are gone. Is it possible to temporary freeze my selections?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your support,

Michel de Kooter

1 REPLY 1
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Good question Michel...

It seems that the report filtering may be one-directional going forward. In the documentation it seems to suggest that upon clicking on the report back icon the report link button it goes back to the source report (as opposed to the filtered source report based on the previous selections) View Links in Reports - SAS(R) Visual Analytics 6.4: User's Guide

It would be good to know if there is a way to achieve what you are after.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation