BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jingster
Calcite | Level 5

We currently are using SAS VA 7.4

We have two people working on different tabs for one SAS VA dashboard, and will merge them all once all tabs are done.  However, it seems once imported tabs from one SAS VA report to another VA dashboard, all report prompt controls will not working on imported tabs. How to overcome this issue?

Image1.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Do they have the same data source?

You should be prompted to connect them otherwise.

//Fredrik

Jingster
Calcite | Level 5

There are two set of data sources... existing dashboard are sourced from Table A, as well as Report Prompt Controls... If I simply create a new tab with a different table source(eg. from TABLE B), when I create objects in the new tab, it usually will ask which columns from table A should join with table B, so report wide objects can be used to filter reports in the tab. \

In this instance, it hasn't. imported tabs are sourced from table B, the form didn't ask us what columns it should join with table A. Hence, all top report wide controls wont filtering content in the imported tabs.  We have to redo whole tab again, to make it work.

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Strange, I don't know how to solve that 🙂

Maybe if you change data source for the report prompts, if you have a table with the same structure and switch back and forth might give you the question to link data sources?

//Fredrik

Jingster
Calcite | Level 5

It seems a bug in SAS VA 7.4, b'cos v8.1 has no such issue.. Anyway, I end up to redo those two imported tabs again, in order to make it works. once those tabs start from scratch,  I will get to be asked to link relevant columns from table 1(used for report control objects) with table 2(used for tab control objects)...but when tested in v8.1(which my company hasn't bought it, a contractor in our company lucky have access to it), when importing tabs, it will ask straightway which column(s) u wish to link b/w table 1 and table 2.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you still want to confirm if it is a bug or not open a track with SAS Tech Support. VA 8.x is now starting to move ahead of VA 7.4, with VA 8.3 due out in July. Your company doesn't need to buy VA 8.x, it is a free upgrade from 7.4.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation