BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I am working on creating a report in SAS VA, and stuck with some of the client requirements, just need advice on below areas:-

My understanding is, Info window does not support “Container” objects and section filter, as in one of my report section I was having a container and section filter, when I went to change the section to "Display as info window" it gave me a pop up saying that "changing the section two info window will delete the container and section prompt". Please find the below screenshot of exact error, is this the default characteristics of info window, or I am I doing something wrong?

Untitled.png

Once the section window is converted to info window the “Link” option get disabled, does this mean that we cannot add links to info window? Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Swapna,

An Info Window provides additional information about a report object for a user who is viewing the report on the web or on a mobile device. The concept is to show detail additional information in a pop-up style window such a table or another graph. As you have discovered containers are not supported. If you want to go from one section to another section and have containers then use a standard section rather than an Info Window.

An info window is designed to be the final destination in linkage. If you want objects in an info window to be linked to another section then just create another section rather than an info window. For more on linking please read the user guide - SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - Overview on Linking

There is also a great SAS Visual Analytics webinar where the demonstrator creates a report and an info window for detailed information which you can see at Visual Analytics for Reporting and Visualisation

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Correction in the questions:-

I am working on creating a report in SAS VA, and stuck with some of the client requirements, just need advice on below areas:-

1) My understanding is, Info window does not support “Container” objects and section filter, as in one of my report section I was having a container and section filter, when I went to change the section to "Display as info window" it gave me a pop up saying that "changing the section two info window will delete the container and section prompt". Please find the below screenshot of exact error, is this the default characteristics of info window, or I am I doing something wrong?

Untitled.png

2) Once we convert a section in report to info window the “Link” option get disabled for the objects in info window, does this mean that we cannot add links in info window? Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Swapna,

An Info Window provides additional information about a report object for a user who is viewing the report on the web or on a mobile device. The concept is to show detail additional information in a pop-up style window such a table or another graph. As you have discovered containers are not supported. If you want to go from one section to another section and have containers then use a standard section rather than an Info Window.

An info window is designed to be the final destination in linkage. If you want objects in an info window to be linked to another section then just create another section rather than an info window. For more on linking please read the user guide - SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - Overview on Linking

There is also a great SAS Visual Analytics webinar where the demonstrator creates a report and an info window for detailed information which you can see at Visual Analytics for Reporting and Visualisation

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the information and the links, it clarifies most of my doubts.

Sure will let you know if I have any further queries.. Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swapna

SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Michelle,

I have a client requirement which says that if there are 4 items in List table the first item should have default selection, which means whenever we open the report the 1 item of the list table should be by default selected.

I could not find any option in VA which could facilitate "default selection". It would be really great if you can please let me know if there is any why to do so? or it is not possible at all?

Regards,

Swapna

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Swapna,

It seems your post/question is not related to the original question in this discussion? If it is a new question, please raise it as a new discussion with an appropriate question header so that the entire community may respond.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation