BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
MClay
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm using VA 7.5 and the report viewer documentation says, "If you have been granted the ability to add and view comments, you can add comments to a report, a page, or an object. Comments are saved with the report" (link here). However, I cannot find the instructions on how to deny the ability to add comments in the admin documentation. Can someone please share some instructions or documentation for this? We do not want any comments allowed on several reports. 

Turning off comments when sharing the report w/ a link is not a viable option in this case because users are signing into VA. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Users will need to be in a Visual Analytics role that does not have the Add and View Comments capability enabled.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=7.5&docsetId=vaag&docsetTarget=n0av0say1evs...

However, this applies to all reports, not just some. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Users will need to be in a Visual Analytics role that does not have the Add and View Comments capability enabled.

https://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=vacdc&cdcVersion=7.5&docsetId=vaag&docsetTarget=n0av0say1evs...

However, this applies to all reports, not just some. 

MClay
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Madelyn, that documentation was just what I was looking for. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation