BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I have SAS Visual Analytics installed on my admin system, however, it is missing a few packages (components) from it like SAS/STAT, SAS/ACCESS for MYSQL, etc. Due to which I have decided to reinstall my SAS VA tool again. Need some inputs in deciding:

1) If I should just reinstall the software from the beginning on the same computer using Deployment Manager, if yes, will it cause my data (datasets in LASR library) to be lost? Or will the be backed up and can be restored later? What should be the process?

How can i  backup my data in case of reinstallation?

2) If I should install it on a separate computer (Is it even possible to install another copy of software with the same license key?)and then if there is a way to copy all the data to the new installed version?

Thanks!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @jitinsethi07,

the components you mention are modules of SAS Foundation. This is important because, as long as your license contains it, your installation of SAS Foundation should contain them by default, unless they were not in the license (strange, specially STAT) or you modified defaults.

In any case, you should not require a full reinstall, just reinstall SAS Foundation on the Server, and then select the modules you want to install, such as STAT or any ACCESS module. You can do this with the SAS Deployment Wizard (in your SAS depot), not the SAS Deployment Manager, which purpose is different than installations.

If you server is Linux, you would need some extra steps, generic for SAS/ACCESS. Do you have the SAS/ACCESS guide with you?

Apart from this, I recommend to have a DR plan in place, as with any possible and planned big change in your system. meaning: a good snapshot and/or full backup of your OS, your installation and configuration locations.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Why don't you use the SAS Deployment Wizard to just install the additional software? It is a lot easier than installing from scratch.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @jitinsethi07,

the components you mention are modules of SAS Foundation. This is important because, as long as your license contains it, your installation of SAS Foundation should contain them by default, unless they were not in the license (strange, specially STAT) or you modified defaults.

In any case, you should not require a full reinstall, just reinstall SAS Foundation on the Server, and then select the modules you want to install, such as STAT or any ACCESS module. You can do this with the SAS Deployment Wizard (in your SAS depot), not the SAS Deployment Manager, which purpose is different than installations.

If you server is Linux, you would need some extra steps, generic for SAS/ACCESS. Do you have the SAS/ACCESS guide with you?

Apart from this, I recommend to have a DR plan in place, as with any possible and planned big change in your system. meaning: a good snapshot and/or full backup of your OS, your installation and configuration locations.

jitinsethi07
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Juan you were correct about the license thing. We had everything in the license earlier, however, something happened during renewal this time as confirmed by SAS support. I would need to get the additional features added to my license. 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation