BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Akas_wankha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Team,

Is SAS va 7.4 is out for customers?

As there are rumors that 'coz of bugs SAS VA is not available for users"..

Can anyone share correct info? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcarvalho
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We just updated from 7.3 to 7.4, my opinion is that 7.3 was more stable than .4, but there are some new features there I'm enjoying in 7.4, eg.

Export to excel on the modern Report viewer

Dynamic dates in the slider

The new slider object allows you too type the date and also much better if you want to select the date

You can create interactions within the objects on the prompt sections

Dynamic text...

There is a discussion about this topic at: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/SAS-VA-7-4-release/td-p/353472

Best regards!

Glaubert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ThomasPalm
Obsidian | Level 7
We have just installed 7.4, and to my knowledge, it has been available for a couple of months by now.
One thing that really annoys us, is that there is a memoryleak when using internet Explorer.
gcarvalho
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

We just updated from 7.3 to 7.4, my opinion is that 7.3 was more stable than .4, but there are some new features there I'm enjoying in 7.4, eg.

Export to excel on the modern Report viewer

Dynamic dates in the slider

The new slider object allows you too type the date and also much better if you want to select the date

You can create interactions within the objects on the prompt sections

Dynamic text...

There is a discussion about this topic at: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/SAS-VA-7-4-release/td-p/353472

Best regards!

Glaubert

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Akas_wankha,

yes it is available since September I believe, already made several SAS VA 7.4 installations.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/SAS-Visual-Analytics-7-4-and-8-1-Release-Details...

I think it is a quite stable one, specially with the latest hotfixes, and, indeed, several new features, closer to SAS VA 8.1 and 8.2 on Viya

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi There,

I am using 7.4 on Linux for almost two month without any serious problem or problem with stability.

Good job to ask the experts here and not following the rumors.

Greetings

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 5 in conversation