BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jpapaiac
Fluorite | Level 6

I have 10 tables that I have created 10 different sections.  I am getting those tables from excel.  Now the new month data came in and I need to refresh my reports.  How do I upload those tables so I don't loose any changes i did in my reports?

3 REPLIES 3
TejaSurapaneni
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

If you want to refresh your excel data in sas va, You have to use VDB(Visual Data Builder) in SAS VA,

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Teja SUrapaneni.

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

do you want to overwrite your tables ? or create different set of tables and re use the same report on those ?

if you don't need the previous data then just overwrite previous tables with the new data and report will show the latest data.

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello,

Depending on what you want to do with your reports, you have two options:

• If you want to replace the data that appears in your reports, you can import the new excel files using the same names that you previously used. You will receive a message asking if you want to 'Reload' the table or 'Rename' the table. Choosing 'Reload' will replace the previous month's data with the updated data. Your reports will be automatically updated with the new data.
  • If you want to use both the previous month's data and the new month's data together in the reports, then you should import the new excel files using different names. In this case, when you import the excel files, be sure to choose 'Rename' and change the name of the table to something different. Afterwards, you can make any changes to your reports as needed.

Also, I just want to add that you can import the excel files directly from the designer (in addition to the data builder and the explorer). If you have your report open, click the Data tab and then on the "Add data source" icon. A window opens with the options for importing data.

Best regards,

Lorrie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation