BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Slider1.PNGIs there any way to get the text "Age in Days" displayed along the slider.I mean Vertically/parallel to the slider.I hope I am clear enough. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. I thought you wanted the text box to be on the side rather than the actual text values to be parallel. Unfortunately there isn't an option to do what you want for a range slider.

To remove the decimals, ensure the Age in Days format has no decimals. Select Age in Days from the data pane and in the data pane properties window (lower left corner) there is format. Click the format type and specify 0 for decimals.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Unfortunately there isn't an option to change the position for the label.

If you are using a precision layout for the section instead of the default tiled layout then you can have a text object positioned where ever you want (even on top of another object). If you are not sure how to change the layout, go to the properties tab in the right pane and select the section from the dropdown list so you are looking at the properties for the section. Here you can change it from Tiled to Precision.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Michelle ,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Well I tried it but the text object remain 'HORIZONTAL' and the text in it is displayed as it was displayed earlier (as shown in my attachment).Well no worries i will keep it horizontal.

There's another query..

The column in my dataset has only whole number values but the slider show decimal as well.I thik there is no sense in showing a variable such as 'age in days' in decimal value.How could I restict the values to be shown only as whole numbers on range slider.

Regards

Slider2.PNG
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Sorry I misunderstood your original question. I thought you wanted the text box to be on the side rather than the actual text values to be parallel. Unfortunately there isn't an option to do what you want for a range slider.

To remove the decimals, ensure the Age in Days format has no decimals. Select Age in Days from the data pane and in the data pane properties window (lower left corner) there is format. Click the format type and specify 0 for decimals.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Michelle ,

Thanks for showing me where to look for and change the things..Just to add ...The format for age in days was Numeric with decimals=0 but even then decimal values were appearing in  the slider.It tried format=float and it is working fine.

Regards

Pratik Singh

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Great to hear it is working as you expect now and thanks for reporting back.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Hi pratikjageera,

I'm glad everything is working for you now! Feel free to "accept as solution" the solution that worked or "like" a helpful response. This helps out other community members if they run into the same issue.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

pratikjageera
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Anna ,

Will do for sure 🙂

Regards

Pratik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation