BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fetcs74
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all,

I'm using SAS VA 6.4 and I'm willing to show the latest month available at the report's Range Slider.

For example, on the data, we have dates from Nov2013 until Dec2014. So, as Dec2014 is the last month available, I would like to show only Dec2014 (Interval end and beginning would be the same), then the user could slide to the previous months. Next month, when the data is refreshed, I would like to automatically display Jan2015, instead of Dec2014.

Does anyone has a clue on this?

Thanks in advance,

Fernando,

Range Slider.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Fernando,

This is a topic that has been raised before in the thread - From here you will see that you can achieve the last 30 days with an expression in VA 6.4. (Modify the expression based on your requirements).

Kind Regards,

Michelle

P.S. I'm curious to know whether you had searched to see if this was a question that had been previously raised?

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
fetcs74
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for your answer. My bad: I saw the question as Not solved and I did not went through it.

Best regards,

Fernando.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for your reply... it is good to know what made you decide not to read the post... Perhaps as a community we need to be more vigilant to remind people to mark questions as "Answered" to help others in future.

Thanks,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
fetcs74
Fluorite | Level 6

Michelle,

After reading and testing the solution proposed at the other post, I saw  that it did not satisfy my report needs: I'm looking for a way to show a specific range but allow the user to pick any interval available on the data being used, so basically, in my case, I would like to have a way to show only the last available month, without really filtering the data.

Best regards,

Fernando.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Fernando,

I understand. Hopefully the ability to auto-refresh date based parameters is on the cards for the future...

Kind Regards,

Michelle

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation