BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
A123CB
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I have been getting issues with 2 emails being sent out from SAS, one of them is the correct email which brings out the report and the seocond one is the one below, I would like to ask how do I stop this from sending to the rest of the contacts? 

Its very annoying as I am sending this report out daily and instead of one email clients recieve 2.

Can someone please explain to me how to sort this out ?

Kind Regarderror report.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Only the person who is sending out the distribution should get that email. 

In 7.x, this option is on the Notifications tab when you create or edit the job. 

A123CB
Calcite | Level 5

Yes but the error is correlated with this http://support.sas.com/kb/60/424.html - we have done the installs but still facing the same issue when I have more than 12 Users attached 

A123CB
Calcite | Level 5

Also the clients are recieving this error message as an email:

Errors:

Report (aaaa): PDF Failure (PRINT_REQUEST_FAILED ()).

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Are you saying that the users only receive the email with the error when you distribute the report to more than 12 users? There should not be a limit on the number of users. It is possible that one or more of the email addresses are bad, although I would not expect that to generate a PDF failure either. 

Can you print successfully in Visual Analytics?

Also, the two logs that should have more information are these: 

• SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASVisualAnalyticsHyperlink7.x.log
  • SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASVisualAnalyticsTransport7.x.log

What version are you using? 

A123CB
Calcite | Level 5

Yes the users are only recieving the error message: 

Errors:

Report (aaaa): PDF Failure (PRINT_REQUEST_FAILED ()).

with no document attached. Could the settings of the users be wrong? or could it be something else. If the email addresses are bad wouldnt they not recieve the email in the first place? In Visual analytics I can print it normally, and I can send it to most people without the error, it just when i add another 3-5 people for the distribution report it sends out the message. I am using Visual Analytics 2014 7.3

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Did you take a look at these two logs? 

• SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASVisualAnalyticsHyperlink7.x.log
  • SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer1_1/SASVisualAnalyticsTransport7.x.log

When the PDF failure occurs, do all recipients get the failure email, or just the 3 - 5 users you add. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation