BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Everyone, 

I'm new to SAS and I have some simple questions regarding the SAS Visual Analytics Installation. I ordered SAS 9.4 with SAS Visual Analytics (and all the required products). I recieved the licence files, but while looking for the installation steps I got confused. so my question is : in order to work with SAS Visual Analytics, should I install SAS Foundations first (As described in This link ) and then install SAS Visual Analytics (Described Here ). or I can install SAS Visual Analytics directly.

Thank you so much in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Achraf_Ougdal 

Usually, there is a Server sizing step that should take place in order to determine your SAS deployment typology, and the hardware specifications (Disk size, CPU Count, RAM size, I/O through-put rate). This step is essential to ensure you have an acceptable performance and response times.

Having said that, I would highly recommend using SAS institute's/Partner Software Installation services, specially in your case being new to SAS, because the installation and all the pre-requisites may not be as simple as you read it in the manual!

SAS Installation is not a simple multiple-step installation wizard!

There are few hidden issues that could come-up during the installation, outside of your control and knowledge realm. Beside, the money you/your organization would spend on this service, could save you lots of wasted time and efforts down the line, trying to resolve issues with SAS Tech Support

Beside the software binaries, there are Hot Fixes and Patches that addresses various defects and Security Vulnerabilities that you'll need to make sure to install in order to ensure proper and secure software functionality.

After all this if you still wish to venture and try to install SAS on your own, then you'll need to do it in this order

- Install software binaries (On all your tiers (if installing on multiple machines))

- Download and Install required Hot Fixes ( You'll need The SAS Hot Fix Analysis, Download and Deployment (SASHFADD) Tool)

- Configure the software

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi @Achraf_Ougdal 

Usually, there is a Server sizing step that should take place in order to determine your SAS deployment typology, and the hardware specifications (Disk size, CPU Count, RAM size, I/O through-put rate). This step is essential to ensure you have an acceptable performance and response times.

Having said that, I would highly recommend using SAS institute's/Partner Software Installation services, specially in your case being new to SAS, because the installation and all the pre-requisites may not be as simple as you read it in the manual!

SAS Installation is not a simple multiple-step installation wizard!

There are few hidden issues that could come-up during the installation, outside of your control and knowledge realm. Beside, the money you/your organization would spend on this service, could save you lots of wasted time and efforts down the line, trying to resolve issues with SAS Tech Support

Beside the software binaries, there are Hot Fixes and Patches that addresses various defects and Security Vulnerabilities that you'll need to make sure to install in order to ensure proper and secure software functionality.

After all this if you still wish to venture and try to install SAS on your own, then you'll need to do it in this order

- Install software binaries (On all your tiers (if installing on multiple machines))

- Download and Install required Hot Fixes ( You'll need The SAS Hot Fix Analysis, Download and Deployment (SASHFADD) Tool)

- Configure the software

Hope this helps

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much for your help, I think I get your point

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation