BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

(I also posted this in the Administration & Development community - not sure where this would fall)

From within Management Console, I am attemping to export a report (actually, it is a dashboard that was created using VA Designer).  I keep getting an error "Property 'serviceUrl' is required".  I have checked my ServiceUrl.Allowed setting and it it set per the documentation.  What am I missing?  If I right click on the report (from within Management Console) and click on the Content tab, I see this same error listed here, not the expected associated files.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are running the SAS Management Console from a client and the SAS Middle tier is configured for SSL, then the problem you are encountering is likely due to the SSL certificates not being installed on the client machine. 

To correct the problem, copy the cacerts file (and jssecacerts if present) from

<sas-installation-directory>\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\lib\security

to the same directory on the client machine.

Restart SAS Management Console on the client machine

If you need assistance with the certificates, then please contact SAS Technical  Support.

A workaround would  be to perform the import/export from a copy of SAS Management Console on the middle-tier machine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are running the SAS Management Console from a client and the SAS Middle tier is configured for SSL, then the problem you are encountering is likely due to the SSL certificates not being installed on the client machine. 

To correct the problem, copy the cacerts file (and jssecacerts if present) from

<sas-installation-directory>\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\lib\security

to the same directory on the client machine.

Restart SAS Management Console on the client machine

If you need assistance with the certificates, then please contact SAS Technical  Support.

A workaround would  be to perform the import/export from a copy of SAS Management Console on the middle-tier machine.

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

My SAS system is running on Linux...but I am running the MC Client from a Windows machine.  So, would I just create the indicated directory directly off of the C:\ ?

Thanks,

Ricky

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

I tried as you suggested.  I created the following directories and copied ALL of the contents of the corresponding server directory to both local directories.

C:\sashome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\lib\security

C:\data\sashome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\lib\security

By the way, the reason that I tried both is that my server path is as follows: /data/sashome/SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment/9.4/jre/lib/security

Once I copied the folder contents from server to client, I restarted MC.  Unfortunately, I am getting the same result.

Thank,

Ricky

rgreen33
Pyrite | Level 9

I found that the correct directory to copy the files to is as follows:  C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASPrivateRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\lib\security

Once I copied the files to the correct location, my problem was resolved.

Thank you Madelyn_SAS for your help.

Thanks,

Ricky

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation