BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
efd-hkg
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone

I have a problem with accessing the audit report. I have tried following guides/videos like this https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Getting-started-with-SAS-Visual-Analytics-7-1..., but with no luck.

I think the problem occurs because the "AUDIT_VISUALANALYTICS"-table cannot be loaded/generated:

Udklip.PNG

As I interpret the guide, then by setting "va.AuditingEnabled" to "true" will generate a table in the folder "[SAS-Configuration-Directory]\Levn\AppData\SASVisualAnalytics\VisualAnalyticsAdministrator\AutoLoad\EVDMLA", but this does not seem to happen... and this could be the reason that I cannot load the table in SAS VA, I guess?

Another problem that I also have is, that when I try to open the "Administator Overview" then I will get the error "The report could not be opened":

Udklip1.PNG

Does this problem also occur because there has not been generated an audit-table?

I have both restarted the server and started the AutoLoad for the library EVDMLA multiple times but still with no luck....

I hope you have any ideas to what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
alexal
SAS Employee

@efd-hkg,

Enabling auditing starts a process which extracts the data from the Postgres database and copies it to the Append directory of the EVDMLA library. This process uses the Visual Data Builder web application and the SAS Pooled Workspace to perform the extraction.

To debug any problems in the process, you can configure additional logging on the Visual Data Builder web application and the Pooled Workspace server. For SAS Visual Data Builder, add the following XML to the /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Common/LogConfig/SASVisualDataBuilder-log4j.xml and restart the Web Application Server.

<category additivity="false" name="com.sas.svcs.content.vdq.batch.audit">
<priority value="INFO"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_CONSOLE"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_FILE"/>
</category>

The result will be that the extraction process writes a note to the log on the middle tier machine at /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASVisualDataBuilder7.3.log. You can see that it runs the extract every 15 minutes.

VisualAnalyticsDataAudit05.png

in the Pooled Workspace Server set the level of the App.Program logger to INFO in /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/SASApp/PooledWorkspaceServer/logconfig.apm.xml (or logconfig.xml) and restart the Object Spawner.

<logger name="App.Program" immutability="false">
<level value="INFO"/>
</logger>

The result will be that the extraction process writes a note to the log on the compute machine at /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/SASApp/PooledWorkspaceServer/Logs/ showing the audit records being coped to the audit_visualanalytics table in the Append directory of the EVDMLA autoload location at /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/ VisualAnalyticsAdministrator /AutoLoad/EVDMLA/Append.

VisualAnalyticsDataAudit06.png

Do you see anything like that in your environment?

efd-hkg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @alexal, thanks for your reply!

It does not seem to have an effect, when I do the things as you suggest.

Just to make things clear, I did the following:

I copy-pasted the following code into the XML file "SASVisualDataBuilder-log4j.xml, and then I restarted the SASServer1_1.

<category additivity="false" name="com.sas.svcs.content.vdq.batch.audit">
<priority value="INFO"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_CONSOLE"/>
<appender-ref ref="SAS_FILE"/>
</category>

When I open "SASVisualDataBuilder7.3.log", it is empty... It seems like the changes have never been made...

Udklip1.PNG

For the Pooled Workspace Server I copy-pasted the following code in to "logconfig.apm.xml" and restarted the Object spawner:

<logger name="App.Program" immutability="false">
<level value="INFO"/>
</logger>

Yet again, nothing really seems to happen... However, yesterday I got the following log:

Udklip.PNG

Does this log-file say anything important?

Thanks!

PS. should I restart all the three Web App Servers?

Udklip2.PNG

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This troubleshooting note might be helpful. It contains more details about the logging at the bottom. It also has a checklist that you should review.

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/182.html

alexal
SAS Employee

@efd-hkg,

It does not seem to have an effect, when I do the things as you suggest.

Your compute tier and your middle tier (where SAS Visual Analytics is deployed) are on the same physical machine? If they are on different machines and they are using the same operating system, then extra steps are required to enable auditing. For details, see the topic "Deployment Topology Considerations" in the SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide. If your compute tier and your middle tier are on different physical machines, and they are using different operating systems, then auditing is not supported.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation