BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kugsht
Calcite | Level 5

Hi guys, I'm having a weir problem when i'm trying to register tables by using OLEDB.

It shows this error.

"Error OLEDB Engine cannot be found”

“Error in the libname statement”.

Please help :/!Error.png

Error2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I am wondering.... maybe you are missing the OLEDB drivers (or the right ones to your databases) to be installed on your SAS server.

Something else to consider: OLEDB is a deprecated functionality on the SQL Servers. It does not come with the database by default.

Therefore, If you have a new database, you need to ask your System admin to have the drivers installed on the SQL Server side, and the right ones on your SAS Server.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Does the libname statement as taken from the log work in a standard workspace server (ie from EG or SAS Studio)?

Do you have SAS/ACCESS to OLE DB licensed?

Kugsht
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, i have the license for SAS/ACCESS to OLEDB.

The error appears inside the SAS Management Console

Thanks for replying 🙂

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

As SAS/ACCESS to RDBMS (of which Access to OLE DB is a part) often requires additional setup (usually in the form of setting certain environment variables), could it be that the workspace server used from SMC lacks those, while the workspace server used from EG has them?

(compare SASMeta - Workspace Server vs. SASApp - Workspace Server)

Kugsht
Calcite | Level 5

I just realized that the SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB is not instaled, and i cant find the setup 😕

and i have the license for it... what can i do? 

Microsoft Windows Server for x64
Base SAS 29JUN2017
SAS Metadata Server 29JUN2017
SAS Studio 29JUN2017
SAS Visual Analytics 29JUN2017
SAS Visual Analytics LASR Server Non-Distributed 29JUN2017
SAS Visual Statistics 29JUN2017
SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB 29JUN2017
SAS/CONNECT 29JUN2017

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

If you have the license, you should not require to install anything extra, since it is done automatically for you during the installation of SAS Foundation.

Could you follow the guide provided above?

Kugsht
Calcite | Level 5

I was following them, but when i'm creating the registering the OLEDB server, it doesn't show the default information that is displayed on the image.

I'm not getting those paremeters by default.

Server Properties
Field
Sample Value
Major Version Number
Minor Version Number
Data Source Type
OLE DB — Other Database
Software Version
Vendor
Microsoft Corp.
Associated Machine
Defaults to your machine
----

In my case i'm getting

Server Properties
Field
Sample Value
Major Version Number
Minor Version Number
Data Source Type
OLE DB — Other Database
Software Version

Vendor
Microsoft Corp.
Associated Machine
"The name of my machine"
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I am wondering.... maybe you are missing the OLEDB drivers (or the right ones to your databases) to be installed on your SAS server.

Something else to consider: OLEDB is a deprecated functionality on the SQL Servers. It does not come with the database by default.

Therefore, If you have a new database, you need to ask your System admin to have the drivers installed on the SQL Server side, and the right ones on your SAS Server.

Kugsht
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the help, the problem was that the SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLEDB wasn't  installed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation