BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

This is the issue I am facing -

54676 - "Unexpected second use of a unique name" error might appear when you open a SAS® Visual Anal...

I tried to follow the steps enlisted but I am getting this error in SAS MC while trying to "write content to external file" option -

attempt export report content from "WW ... Report" failed. Reason (1).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
saspert.

7 REPLIES 7
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You might be able to get around the error by using SAS Management Console from the physical midtier machine.

For diagnostics on the error, try seeing if you can validate the SAS Content Server. In SAS Management Console, log in with the SAS admin (unrestricted) account. Expand the Server Manager, right-click on SAS Content Server and select Validate.

saspert
Pyrite | Level 9

[8/24/15 3:19 PM] INFO: Starting simple validation for WebDAV server (level 1) - ping

[8/24/15 3:19 PM] INFO: Ping successful!

[8/24/15 3:19 PM] INFO: Starting extended validation for WebDAV server (level 1) - Making a connection

[8/24/15 3:19 PM] INFO: Path: 'https://server.client.com:443/SASContentServer/repository/default/sasfolders/'

[8/24/15 3:19 PM] SEVERE: Exception accessing https://server.client.com (sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)

I got the above response when I tried to validate the SAS content server.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

There appears to be something wrong with your SSL configuration. This SAS note mentions this particular error. 52099 - The SAS® Web Infrastructure Platform load-content stage fails in the SAS® Deployment Wizard ...

I would suggest reviewing Chapter 18 in SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

Madelyn:

I had a similar issue, but I went to the mid-tier machine and useed management console and it validated fine. Why won't it work on my PC?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello there,

@Madelyn_SAS, I hope you don't mind I contribute that intermediate question.

@Technolero, the reason is because SSL requires a certificate handshake between the client (SMC or the web browser) and the server (the Web Server). If you validate from the Web Server itself, you already have the certificate and the handshake is successfull.

For enabling the handshake form other machines, you need to import the SSL certificate chain (CA certificate, Intermediate ones if any, and the srver certificate) into your SAS Private Java Certificate Store (since SMC is a java program). You can do this by running the SAS Deployment Manager from the machine (in this case your PC) where the SMC is installed.

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=secref&docsetTarget=n195f3avox8na8n1mo2hfrygshqh.htm&docsetVe...

Additionally, and for the web browsers, you might want to import the certificate as well on the windows certificate store and/or the web browser certificate store, for cases as Chrome.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Regarding @saspert's original problem. We struck exactly the same problem ourselves recently, and tried the same fix as in SAS Note 54676, and got exactly the same error when using SMC to do a File Export! Our workaround was to use SMC on our SAS VA metadata server to export the VA report and that worked. We were then able to remove the duplicate reference by manually editing the XML and then re-importing the report.

FYI, we are also trying to raise a defect for the original cause of the problem in VA Designer which is a result of duplicating an object in one report section, then dragging and dropping it into another report section. This will produce the error every time you do it and will corrupt your report. The only workaround is as described above. SAS Tech Support confirm this defect is still present in VA 7.4 - we found it in 7.3. 

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

@JuanS_OCS- Thank you for the excellent explanation!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation