BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I am facing a pretty strange and weird problem. I have 2 environments DEV and TEST, each of whice installed SAS Visual Anlaytics 7.5 on Windows.

The problem we have is when we created a geoMap Graph in the DEV Environments, it all went well, the graph is complete and all the names of the countries, cities etc..  are well shown. However, in the TEST environment it's not the case, when we add data and show countries as regions it managesto trace it well. but for the countries that are not in data it's just gray.

map1.PNG

in other words, in the test environment, the GeoMap graph shows nothing. I checked the StreetLine service on the options panel. in the dev environment when I click Browse next to the StreetLine Service it shows the icon, but it's not the case in the test environment.

map2.PNG

PS: the option "Show Map Background" is already checked in the options panel

Can anyone please assist us in this matter, thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Given you screenshot, it appears the geo map background tiles are not loaded. Those map tiles are received from the selected map service. For OpenStreetMap, tiles are loaded from an external server hosted by SAS (eg. opnsta.sas.com, opnstb.sas.com, or opnstc.sas.com). In most cases, any issues related to loading map tiles are related to specific network / proxy / firewall settings - potentially blocking access. There is a SAS Technical Support https://support.sas.com/kb/62/143.html which includes some useful information.

Obviously let us know whether any of that helped or if you need more assistance.

Thanks, Falko

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Given you screenshot, it appears the geo map background tiles are not loaded. Those map tiles are received from the selected map service. For OpenStreetMap, tiles are loaded from an external server hosted by SAS (eg. opnsta.sas.com, opnstb.sas.com, or opnstc.sas.com). In most cases, any issues related to loading map tiles are related to specific network / proxy / firewall settings - potentially blocking access. There is a SAS Technical Support https://support.sas.com/kb/62/143.html which includes some useful information.

Obviously let us know whether any of that helped or if you need more assistance.

Thanks, Falko

Achraf_Ougdal
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you so much, it describes perfectly our issue. Thank you so much

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation