BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pkrause
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I know there are a handful of topics related but I'm not seeing what I need. I'm wondering if it's possible to blend or join multiple data sources within a report (without creating a star schema)? To set this up a bit further, I have a number of existing reports that now need a couple fields added from recently created corporate tables. These sources contain common fields I can use as a key, thus, I hoped to make a simple join within the report without creating a new data source as I have done in Tableau in the past.

I have added a data source and setup the relationship between the sources, however, I am not able to add data from both sources onto the same crosstab or use one source as a filter for the other.

Can this be done?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm pretty sure this is possible in SAS VA on Viya as you can create views on table joins. In SAS VA 7.5 I don't think views are supported so you are probably better off adding the required fields to the existing data source prior to loading into VA.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation