BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
10 REPLIES 10
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Looks like the authorization is wrong for the user you are using:

I think the physical path (/kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs) have wrong permissions or the libname in metadata.

I would start with the physical path and grant rwxrwxrwx to test it.

If that doesn't work I would grant RM, WM, R, W to the libname (for SASUSERS) and test again.

//Fredrik

SarathP
Fluorite | Level 6

FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I rather sure it is a base libname 🙂

NOTE: Libref DBLOG was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        BASE

Physical Name: /kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs

Check the physical path (/kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs) or the libname DBLOG in metadata.

//Fredrik

SarathP
Fluorite | Level 6

Where to fine DBLOG Library? is it in SMC...

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @SarathP,

it brings my attention the fact that METAUSER variable is empty (and I guess password would be empty too).

Filename=/sso/biconfig/940/Lev1/Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/Monitoring/PIDs/autoload_VisualAn

alyticsLASR.pid,

Owner Name=lasradm,Group Name=kmsuser,

Access Permission=-rw-rw-rw-,

Last Modified=06Jun2018:15:00:03

I see you are running the job with the OS user lasradm (and it is part of a certain group).

I suppose lasradm is part of several groups (1 primary and several secondary groups) and kmuser is the primary group... but the "sas" group should be its primary OS group. Can you ensure this?

Also, I expect lasradm should be a SAS (metadata) user, or an account for a SAS (metadata) group. If not, please do so.

And a couple of counsiderations:

• If lasradm is a SAS user, then it should be able to run.
  • If lasradm is an account in a SAS group (and you need the password written in this account), then, you would need to schedule the autoload not with lasradm, but with a SAS (metadata & OS) user that is part of this group. The reason is that group accounts in metadata are not allowed to log in to the SAS metadata, because of good reasons: which user would it be? Accounts in groups are more commonly named outbound connections.

As last tip: while not a best practice and not supported by SAS Technical Support (bear this in mind), you can always overrule the default connection to metadata in the Autoload script (SAS Code), by providing yours

options metapass="sasuser1"
        metaport=8561
        metarepository="Foundation"
        metaserver="a123.us.company.com"
        metauser="myuserid";

http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lrmeta&docsetTarget=n03ph3v01d4e7en1n0v7wm8o3yiu.htm&docsetVe...

Then, you can control the OS user that runs towards the filesystem, and the SAS user that connects to the metadata folders, and control the permissions on the folders on each system (Linux and SAS)

Hope it helps.

SarathP
Fluorite | Level 6

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

ok, it is good @SarathP. Did you had the chance to check all the others items as recommended above by @FredrikE and myself?

Case this is out of your skills scope/payroll, I would like to advise you to contact SAS (Technical Support, Consulting services or a especialized partner), so they can help you in.

alexal
SAS Employee

@SarathP,

Please run these two commands and show me the output:

ls -ld /kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs/autoload.sas7bdat
id <ID_OF_THE_USER_WHO_STARTS_RUNSAS.SH>
SarathP
Fluorite | Level 6

ls -ld /kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs/autoload.sas7bdat

-rw-r--r--. 1 kmsowner sasapp 131072 Jul  9 10:15 /kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs/autoload.sas7bdat

id lasradm

uid=784(lasradm) gid=604(kmsuser) groups=604(kmsuser),602(sasapp

alexal
SAS Employee

@SarathP,

Change the ownership information on that file:

sudo chown lasradm:lasradm /kms/warehouse/default/vaautoload/VALIBLA/Logs/autoload.sas7bdat

Then try to start the autoloading again.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation