BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey,

Is it possible to calculate the 99.865 percentile in VA? I am working with SAS VIYA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

@Sam_SAS 

I found the solution: the percentile-funcion is working, but NOT in" locale="de_DE" 🙂

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

i suspect that you will need to do new calculated item:

utrocketengineer_0-1628774789178.png

click the Operators tab, then filter for Percentile:

utrocketengineer_1-1628774822656.png

Enter your desired percentile in the GUI:

utrocketengineer_2-1628774880440.png

and choose your numeric column.

test it out to ensure that it is giving you the value you expect.

good luck

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
Yes, this should work. By default the column format will only display 2 decimal places, so you might want to change this if you want to display a more precise value.
Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7
Percentile only works for integers, so Percentile [_ByGroup_] ('XXXXXX'n, 95) works, but Percentile [_ByGroup_] ('XXXX'n, 95.5) is a missing value.
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

What version of VA do you have? I tested this in the latest version and it worked and 95.656 returned a different value than 95 or 96.

Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7
I am working in SAS VIYA, Version 3.5
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee
If you click the user icon at the top right and select About, it should tell you the VA version number.

It works on VA 8.5 (which is Viya 3.5) but I don't have an older deployment available to test with.
Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

@Sam_SAS : Thank you for your help!

I am working with VA 8.5.1, but it doesen't work 😞

Test_integerTest_integerTest_floatingTest_floating

COPY FROM BIRD:
<AggregateCalculatedItem dataType="double" name="bi166287" label="test_integer" format="COMMA12.2"> <Expression>percentile(group,${bi84,raw},50)</Expression> </AggregateCalculatedItem> <AggregateCalculatedItem dataType="double" name="bi166288" label="test_floating" format="COMMA12.2"> <Expression>percentile(group,${bi84,raw},50.53)</Expression> </AggregateCalculatedItem>

Result in VA:

ergebnis.png

Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7

@Sam_SAS 

I found the solution: the percentile-funcion is working, but NOT in" locale="de_DE" 🙂

Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

So by changing your locale you got it working? I will do what I can to be sure we are working on a fix for this.

Thanks,

Sam

Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, changing the local was the solution 🙂
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Did you change the app/browser locale, or the locale of the CAS server?

I have reported the bug to the development team, but more details are always helpful to us 🙂

Thanks,

Sam

Muandre
Obsidian | Level 7
I changed my locale and then I built my report again.

In BIRD, this line changed:
<CasResource server="cas-shared-default" library="Public" table="CLASS" locale="de_DE"/> (didn't work)
<CasResource server="cas-shared-default" library="Public" table="CLASS" locale="en_AU"/> (solution)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation