BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
keds
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

I have been working around with integrating SAS Stored Process in Visual Analytic. I have written a Stored Proc which expects a Value from the VA Designer to process and return the result back.

Scenario is  :

i am filtering the records based on "Name of a person" from the drop down using "Controls" . I have a city column in source table . so the corresponding City for the filtered "Name of a person"   needs to be passed as a parameter/macro variable to the Stored Process.

Can we perform this ? or is there a a work around for this ?

Thanks

Keds

3 REPLIES 3
ted_werner_sas_com
SAS Employee

image002.jpeg

Hello Keds,

If you are using 6.4, you can use an external link and link to that stored process and specify the parameters that you are looking for to tie to the stored process.  Just an FYI if you use the stored process object in the report builder, it won't give you the results I perceive you are looking for.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ted Werner

keds
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Ted.

All I want is to run a stored process when the user opens the report in the VA Viewer and show the stored process output in the section . Based on the User Selection .can we do this ?

Since i am not able to do above , Is there any work around for this situation ?

1. I tried with external URL link attaching with  Pie report , but it is showing the output in new window and not in the same VA section, is there a way to get the output in same VA Section as that of PIE Chart s present ??
  2. I also tried to open a stored process,

3.1 can I pass the parameters from the section 1 bar graph to section 2 stored process

3.2  can I pass the parameters from the section 1 bar graph graph selection to the same section stored process .

Very Strange , i am not able to pass paramaeter to stored process from VA, is it i am missing anything or this feature is not present ?

Thanks

Keds

ted_werner_sas_com
SAS Employee

You have to use the external link for what you are trying to do.  You can't pass the parameters through the stored process control in Designer.  This may change going forward at some point, but currently this is the only way to do what you are looking for in terms of functionality.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation