BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MicheldeKooter
Calcite | Level 5

Hi VA users,

We have build a report that can be accessed by more group leaders. Each group leader wants to see his team as default parameter selection for a plannings report.

I see two possibilities:

1. save the report multiple times for each group leader. For each report select the group leader for which the report is applicable. This is very time consuming regarding maintenance.

2. create a login dependent parameter for selection. Is this possible?

Thanks for your support,

Michel

4 REPLIES 4
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hi Michel,

You can filter the data by user.

Create single logins for each group leader and use this account to create data row filters.

Now you have only one report, but they can only see there own data.

greetings

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Michel,

To add to Peter's suggestion regarding data row filters, I wrote a blog post on Conditional Grants in SAS Visual Analytics that may help.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
MicheldeKooter
Calcite | Level 5

Hoi Peter,

Dank voor je reactie. Goed idee.

Ik heb ook zitten denken aan je voorstel. Het probleem in deze oplossing zit in het feit dat de groepleiders wel de planning van elkaar mogen zien, echter dat ze standaard hun eigen team willen selecteren. Ik ga het eens met Ruud Koolmees van Mercachem bespreken. Ik werk alleen op vrijdag voor hem.

Michel

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Michel,

If they are allowed to see each others planning but need their own default to startup, that's not possible by default. (at my knowledge)

I did request some time ago an enhancement on the selection bar so that they default on a variable.

Same problem with a month selection or so, where you would like the Button Bar to start with the current month.

I will ask again if this enhancement can be considered.

Greetings  Peter

(note:  please use English as default language here)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation