BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CJAY
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there

Brand new user here. I am trying to change the order of bars in a bar chart.  Currently it is sorting by highest count but I want it to sort by year (on the category/x axis). The year is coming from a hieararchy date data item – when I right click on it there is no option to sort. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

At the bottom of the bar chart, hover over the Commencement Date Hierarchy until it turns blue. Then, click on it to see the menu with sorting. If right-click does not work, then try left-click.

sorting.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

You should be able to left (not right) click on the name of the hierarchy and see a menu with a Sort option.  If you do not see it, can you send a screen shot of what you do see?

CJAY
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, when I'm left clicked on the data item, I see a properties box however I am unable to change any of the values in it except for the name.  I've attached a screenshot.  Thanks for your help!

hierarch_properties.JPG
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

At the bottom of the bar chart, hover over the Commencement Date Hierarchy until it turns blue. Then, click on it to see the menu with sorting. If right-click does not work, then try left-click.

sorting.jpg

kaushalsolanki
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Cjay,

After assigning roles in bar chart just go to category value and right click it, It will show you sorting option as you required.

Sort Option On Category value.jpg 

Regards,

Kaushal Solanki

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation