BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
anandsasbi
Obsidian | Level 7

I have to Create a Report where Number of Section/Page will not Fixed; Number of sections on Report will be based on Parameter.

In 1st section of Report I have used multiple Drop-down control and each control has mapped to the Parameter Value. The number of section/ Page in report will be based of Parameter , I means for based on combination some parameter  will decide who much page we have to display on report , it’s means Number of page not fixed or we can say I want display/choose page on report dynamically.

I need help from SAS VA Expert for build report based on above Criteria. If it’s possible in SAS VA 7.1 then please guide me how to do.

Regards,

Anand

7 REPLIES 7
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Anand,

The number of report sections in a report is a fixed number. This cannot be created dynamically via a parameter.

Perhaps if you elaborate further on your requirement and the reasoning behind this an alternative approach can be suggested.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
anandsasbi
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply. Please verify the attached file regarding my requrement.

Regards,

Anand

Explore_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

If i understand this correctly, this is nothing but an filters to your report. as long you have all these values in your dropdown filters.

your report will show data based on that.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Anand,

As described above, the number of sections in a SAS VA report can not be dynamically generated.

As a work around, what you could do though is create all your reports as separate reports and have a look up table to reference those reports. This look up table can then be used with parameters in your form so that the associated report is returned when selected.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
anandsasbi
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Michelle for your valuable suggestion.

If I understand correctly then I need to create a table (lookup table) where I have to enter all possible combination of parameters. When user will select the parameter from all 5 controls I will join (lookup ) these control value (parameter ) to lookup tables and based on selection I have to call individual report which I have created separately.

I have small confusion here, through Report interaction we use to call another report ( hyperlink ). Could you please guide me how can I call another report from lookup table, because here we can’t display lookup table on first report (report where all control has been define). I mean could you give me some example or reference where we have used lookup table (which will not used on report canvas) for call another report.

Thanks in advance

Regards, Anand

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Anand,

@RickStyll_SAS has a good example on how to hyperlink on the following thread https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Hyperlinks-in-Report-Designer/m-p/217050#M2404

Kind Regards,

Michelle

anandsasbi
Obsidian | Level 7

I have gone through the link which you have suggested, It’s regarding External URL Link. I am not able to use this for my requirement .

I have created 10 reports and based on requirement each report has multiple sections. I have created one Lookup table with 10 records (different combination of Parameter value). Now I want to use this lookup table in Main report for call those 10 reports. I can’t display lookup table on main report. Once all parameter fill by controls (like drop down) on Main report I want to call particular report ( link) .

I am not able to create link between Main Report, Lookup Table & Target Table.

I hope you understand my requrement.

Regards,

Anand

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation