BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Deep04
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Guys,

I Created a SAS Viya Job definition for download excel files of reports, Now I getting he excel file but I also want to show the user what are they downloading.

I attached the SAS code which I used in this job also the html Form to understanding.

Also attached the snapshot of Preview of HTML Form.

Deep04_0-1706698847582.png

1 REPLY 1
XavierBizoux
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, 

If I understand properly your question, you are willing to display a preview of the generated file and then allow the user to download what they see as an Excel file. 

If this is the approach, I would suggest to create an HTML preview of the results using ods html with the webout destination. At the same time you create the HTML version, you can create an Excel file and store it in the SAS File Server. This file may then be downloaded using a button displayed on the HTML version of the results. 

You can most probably use this article as a reference. Most part of the article covers the integration with SAS Visual Analytics, but the job itself is similar in the way it works. This article may also be interesting as it describes how to display the result on the same page. 

Let me know if you have questions. 

Regards, 

Xavier

Xavier BIZOUX
Advisory Technical Architect ● Global Enablement and Learning
Technology Transfer and Governance, R&D

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation