BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8

I have a Category named "Gender" with two values: "M - Male" and "F - Female".  I have this Category in a List object. The List object on the current page is Linked to an Info Window. On the Info Window I want to have a Button that shows what was selected on the previous page, as follows (three optoins):

1) "M-Male"

2) "F-Female"

3) "Both"

I created a New Calcuated Item, and attempted to use the following:

if 'Gender'n = 'M - Male' and 'Gender'n = 'F - Female'

return 'Both Selected'

else 'Gender'n

However the 'logic' of the if clause is never true, so I always get 'Gender'n value returned.

Anyone have a way around this? The 'Gender'n field is retaing both the male and female values, but I don't know how to get the logic to work in the If clause.

On version 7.3 Hotfix 04

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
abcde
Obsidian | Level 7

I don't know if you are familiar with parameters but you need to create a parameter in order to do that and olace it to button under roles.

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0qvah37e3ft42n1cbdyy...

cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8
A list box does not allow for parameters.
abcde
Obsidian | Level 7

The parameter should be on the button not the list box in the info window

cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8

Got it. So I did that, but I still have no way to assign "Both" as an option. I don't want it to display male and female, when neither box is selected in the list box ( or both boxes are selected in the list box) I want the button to display "Both Selected".

abcde
Obsidian | Level 7
Let me work on that and let you know. I think I found a solution by using custom category. I will get back to you

cuevasj
Quartz | Level 8
Were you able to figure this out?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation