BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sachinhere
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

We recently got SAS VA version upgrade and need to migrate everything from Ver. 6.2 to 7.1.

I created a SAS package of existing installation metadata in SMC and tried importing the package in new installation but getting several errors and warnings.

Does anybody have experience in migrating content between SAS releases? Any help and support would be appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi,

I haven't heard of anyone experiencing any issues.

Could you provide the errors and warning you are getting? Is it for all types of VA content (explorations, reports, queries) or only 1 particular type? Also what is the underlying SAS Server version for your SAS VA 6.2 platform and SAS VA 7.1 platform. You may be best to report this issue to SAS Technical Support.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
sachinhere
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

The issue has been resolved, it was due to different time zones on client and server side. I have successfully migrated most of the content from old to the new environment. The only issue I am currently facing is that some of the tables are available in LASR library but reports using those data are throwing error : "The data source (<table name>) is not a valid replacement. It is already used in the report."

I have raised a ticket with SAS support and awaiting their response.

Regards,

Sachin

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Sachin,

thanks for the info, good to hear that most of the problem has been resolved.

please inform us regarding the remaining problem, always interesting for other users.

have a planned migration soon, so......

greetings. peter

sachinhere
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Peter,

Migration is complete, all the content migrated successfully. I resolved the issue posted in my previous post by just updating the metadata of affected data sources.

No other issues reported so far.

Cheers!

Sachin

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Sachin,

thanks for the info. Good to hear it al works well.

greetings and a lot of succes with 7.1, enjoy it.....

greetings

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation