BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
avinesh
Fluorite | Level 6

Can anyone explain me how to do column cumulative in VA 6.4.Thanks in advance..

5 REPLIES 5
PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Dear avinesh...

If all of your data is related to a real date and can be reported in calendar month/days etc you can use the standard YearToDate function

First created a cross table with the month and dayOfMonth related to the transaction Date.  (Just an example)

Formula3.png

Then go to the Kg field in the data tab and right click the mouse for the options to select Create and YearToDate Using Date.  (The transaction date)

Formula4.png

Just drag in the new variable and thats it.

Formula5.png

This is from SAS VA 6.3, but I am sure its must be almost the same.

Greetings and good luck.

avinesh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi PeterWijers

Thanks for your reply.But My client looking a column cumulative answer like a snapshot which i am annexing here.demo.png

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi avinesh,

Just a quick question.

Is the data already on month level cumulated or is the data below still on date level.

greetings

avinesh
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi peterwijers,

still it is in date level only...

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi, Avinesh,

Than it works the same way, but only you have to define a copied item of the Date to Month format.

Sadly I see that if you put year in front of the month, the calculations reset for every year. (I have no idea how to solve this within VA)

Formula6.png

So I have no direct solution for the cumulation over the years.  (Maybe someone else has a good idea how to solve this)

Anyway good luck.

Greetings

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation